Tuesday 29 November 2011

Budget tips for younger looking skin

Finding myself trapped in Hollywood, the wrong side of 40 and penniless was my worst nightmare, so the incentive to look like Sharon Stone on a budget was born. I had heard on the LA grapevine some really simple ways to prevent looking old, like always sleeping on your back to prevent folds and wrinkles in your skin. Rubbing an ice cube over your face daily in order to give your facial muscles a workout. Drinking 8 large glasses of water everyday, religiously. These tips all worked in the short term but in reality after years of too much booze, smoking, rock and roll without a massive change in lifestyle, my hopes of competing with the likes of Sharon Stone were soon dashed. I had to decide once and for all if I wanted to look fabulous, healthy and desirable more than I wanted to continue eating and drinking like a pig. Once I had successfully answered the question which was of course to look like Sharon, I trained my brain to think differently about my bad habits. I was broke so giving up smoking, drinking and chocolate was quite simple because in reality I could simply not afford to indulge anymore, the biggest blessing about being poor. By the time I came back to the UK in 2005 I had very little money, was recovering from a near death experience and had given up all my bad lifestyle habits in order to look healthy and fabulous like Sharon Stone.

With little money to spare I began shopping for food at my local farmers market at the end of the working day, this is the time when they sell off stuff cheaply to prevent it being dumped. I was so surprised at how cheap everything was, including 5 large avocados for £1 I became addicted to bargain hunting and discovering new ways to prepare and eat this amazing fruit. After two years of eating one avocado a day I began to notice some unbelievable positive results in my skin, hair and nails which was pretty dramatic. I began telling everyone I met who told me I was looking good for my age to follow my routine but was met with negative comments like avocado makes you fat and are full of calories. It was at this point convinced avocado was the secret to younger looking plumped skin, I did some research where it all became very clear.

One serving of creamy, delicious avocado offers nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients and act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit. There are 13 vitamins that the body absolutely needs: vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate). Avocados naturally contain many of these vitamins.

The best discovery about this miracle fruit had to be the fact it helped promote natural collagen production in my skin keeping it moisturised and supple, improving elasticity and long term water retention capability, the things you need to look younger. Yes it is high in calories but in wholesome good fat calories which in reality helps with weight loss because bad fat makes you fat and good fat keeps you from getting fat. The Avocado contains a unique weight loss friendly carbohydrate called mannoheptulose, so stop listening to what others say and check it out for yourself. I am living proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment